Jim Thompson Brake Service for Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Kingston, ON
Squealing can result when your brake pads are worn down to the wear indicators.
Pulsing in your brake pedal may mean rotors need resurfacing or possibly replacement
A scraping sound and feel in your pedal is a result of friction, the brake pad may be worn and coming in contact with the rotor.
A change in pedal pressure often means your brakes need adjusting or that your brake fluid levels need attention.
When you notice one of these warning signs your brakes need to be inspected and serviced immediately
Your Brake Service will consist of:
- Inspecting brake linings, drums and hydraulic system
- Adjusting parking brake cable
- Cleaning debris & corrosion
- Lubricating caliper pins and backing plates
- Road Test
- An inspection is the best way to ensure safety and prolong the life of your vehicle. If you hold off, this will lead to further complications & expense.
Reason to perform a brake fluid flush:
Brake fluid is contaminated over time due to extreme pressure, heat and exposure to moisture. Failing to replace the fluid can impair braking ability. Dirty brake fluid can also damage the hydraulic components of your braking system.
This preventative maintenance service can restore the 'firmness' of a brake pedal that feels 'spongy'. It also helps prevent brake fade and prolongs the life of vital components. Have more questions about maintaining your car? Visit our Contact page.