Jim Thompson Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram - Oil Change in Kingston, ON
The engine's primary protection against debris and the premature wear that it causes, is the oil filter. Proper lubrication by manufacturer approved oil is vital to the performance and longevity of your engine.
Failure to change your oil filter at Regular Intervals will cause your filter to become plugged causing tremendous long-term damage and straining your engine.
Regular Oil Changes can save you money as it will protect your engine from wear and potential failure.
Average Cost of Oil & Filter Change $37.99(starting at)
Average Cost of Engine Replacement $4000+
Regular car maintenance & oil changes are important factors in extending the life of your vehicle. For the best performance, we recommend an oil and filter change every three months or 4,000 kilometers in vehicles with gasoline engines. Want more information? Visit our Contact page.
Engine Oil performs the following functions in an engine:
- Lubricates moving parts within the engine by producing a protective layer that allows movement.
- Helps cool the engine by transferring excess heat from the combustion area.
- Helps maintain clean engine parts thus free from harmful deposits such as 'sludge' by suspending contaminants and eliminating corrosive acids.
- Prevent wear by making a chemical bond that prevents metal-to-metal contact.
- Creates a seal between the engine piston rings and cylinder walls to prevent blow-by and loss of power
Our team of professionals are friendly, experienced and knowledgeable. We have a commitment to provide you with expert advice and the most current information on ALL makes & models.